Indulge in a Michelin- Starred experience with gastronomic delights in Shenzhen this summer.
14 June 2018, Shenzhen | From now till 24 June 2014, food lovers in Shenzhen can look forward to tantalising their taste buds with a wide range of gourmet delights from all over the world at Shenzhen’s premier shopping and leisure destination, OCT Harbour, at the specially-curated MMI Savour Gourmet Festival 2018.
This exciting food festival offers patrons the opportunity to experience international cuisine from United Kingdom, Hong Kong, France, Singapore, Switzerland and Australia at affordable prices. Attendees can also get up close and personal with Michelin-starred and celebrity chefs from leading 5-star hotels in Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macau.
These Michelin Starred chefs include Alvin Leung, Emmanuel Stroobant and Florian Favario. Renowned Australian pastry chefs Samuel Yeo, Andres Fatso and Min Chai will also be participating in the festival with their signature desserts.
MMI Savour Gourmet Festival 2018 will also offer the opportunity for foodies and sporting fans to get together in an exhilarating dining and football ‘live’ viewing experience during the 2018 football fever season.
MMI Savour Gourmet Festival 2018 is a proud initiative jointly organised by MMI Group and Savour Singapore and is supported by the Chinese Culture and Tourism Association Shenzhen. The festival aims to surprise its guests with a culinary journey like never before, without having to leave the country. Speaking on the concept, the Shenzhen government says, “We hope to inculcate and introduce the world and its different culture through food and delicacies. We hope to use this festival as a platform in creating bonds, interactions, understanding and opportunities.”
MMI Savour Gourmet Festival 2018 Fact Sheet
OCT (Overseas Chinese Town) Harbour
8 East Baishi Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China
15 June - 18 June
21 June - 24 June
From 19-21 June, only Bars & Live football screening will continue.
15 June - 18 June
Lunch: RMB 198 Including Entrance Ticket.
Dinner: RMB 348 including Entrance Ticket.
21 June - 24 June
Lunch: RMB 198 Including Entrance Ticket. (Tickets bought earlier at RMB 268 will have RMB 90 voucher rebate)
Dinner: RMB 348 including Entrance Ticket. (Tickets bought earlier at RMB 348 will have RMB 120 voucher rebate)
15 June to 24 June line up:
(Hong Kong) ‘Demon Chef’’ Alvin Leung from Michelin 3-star restaurant his Hong Kong restaurant Bo Innovation
- Chef Alvin’s unique brand “X-treme China” combines modern ingredients and technology, blending modernized Chinese food with modern tastes to bring lighter, more refreshing dishes. His combination of Culinary art and science fulfils each and every sense, leaving diners longing for more
(Switzerland) Chef Reto Lampart from his Swiss Michelin 1-star restaurant Lampart’s
- Chef Reto Lampart was only 28 years old when he obtained his first Michelin star. Having been trained as both a chef and a pastry chef, he has successfully integrated his culinary skills to master the delicate art of balancing both resulting in the perfect gastronomic flavors for diners.
(France) Chef Florian Favario from the United Kingdom Michelin 1-star restaurant Celeste at The Lanesborough
- Chef Florian Favario’s food philosophies can be described as modern and imaginative. Inspired by his travels in the United States, Australia, Japan among others, his culinary and technical knowledge shows in the execution of his dishes where he combines French creativity and dedication with global ingredient and flavours.
(France) Chef Nicolas Isnard from his French Michelin 1-star restaurant L’Auberge de la Charme
- Chef Nicolas Isnard started his culinary journey at a tender age of 22 years old and through the years has built an illustrious career in the F&B world. This highly decorated creativity, often marrying tradition and innovation to create the most delectable dishes for diners.
(Belgium) Chef Emmanuel Stroobant from his Singapore Michelin 1-star restaurant Saint Pierre
- Hailing from Belgium, Chef Emmanuel Stroobant has built his career in various continents of Europe, America, Australia before finally settling in Asia. Having been exposed and trained in various cuisine, Chef Emmanuel’s creation reflects his ability to integrate varying flavors, ingredients and technics to deliver diners the most enticing dishes.
(Singapore) Chef Douglas Tay from the Singapore Michelin 1-star restaurant Osia Singapore at Resorts World Singapore.
- Chef Douglas Tay brings with him more than a decade of F&B experience in various notable establishments, winning multiple awards and accolades in the process. An enthusiastic and innovative chef, Chef Douglas is known to wow diners with extraordinary flavors by putting together the freshest ingredients in the most creative way.
(Australia) Dessert chefs Andres Fatso, Min Chai and Samuel Yeo
- Chef Andres Fatso - A nurse by trade. Chef Andres started baking as a way to destress. Over time, her creations slowly garnered international following through her development of interesting flavors presented in adorable and highly sought-after character themed creations.
- Chef Samuel Yeo - With over 20 years of culinary experience in various fine dining establishments and hotels, Chef Samuel’s approach to desserts is one which implements classical training with modern twists and infusing European dessert concepts with unexpected ingredients from all over the world.
- Chef Min Chai is the creator of N2, a dessert store based in Sydney most known for its creative use of liquid nitrogen. His expansive knowledge of desserts coupled with his passion in creating new culinary products have resulted in unique concoctions that pushes the gastronomic boundaries.
Molecular Xiao Long Bao
Chef Alvin’s unusual wrapped molecular xiao long bao contains the essence of the Shanghainese pork dumpling which is encapsulated within.
Grouper with cannelloni
Chef Reto Lampart’s dish of Fresh grouper blends perfectly with saffron in a filled cannelloni, lentils and champagne beurre blanc. A unique dish created by Chef Reto to bring out the best of grouper in differently.
Pan seared Foie Gras
Chef Douglas Tay brings to the festival his Pan seared Foie Gras with Pineapple, Coriander and Vanilla, as he brings forth his creativity to present this wonderful highlight dish.
Chef Nicolas Isnard’s creative personality shows through his passion for food. The Jelly Set Oysters served with Caviar and iodized Cream will capture not just the eyes taste buds of diners but also their heart.
Braised Beef Bourguignon
By Chef Emmanual Stroobant, this dish integrates different cooking technics to bring out the splendid flavor of the braised beef.
Roasted Lamp Rack
Chef Florian Favario brings to Shenzhen his signature dish, Roasted Lamb Rack served with Courgette couscous and Home-made Harissa.